Thursday, October 13, 2005

Tests Menace

These days I'm acting like a killer teacher in giving marks to the students. But I kinda stressed too about these matters because almost all of the students that I teach, got poor marks, just some of them that got good marks. Adding to this menace, I had to prepare so many things and do so many things before my departure to Kefa, NTT. So many things have to be prepared, yet, it looks like that my teacher friends aren't so happy if I leave them soon, especially the principal.

They talked about it secretly behind my back. I knew it from a friend that I trust. And this thing made me felt uneasy since few days ago they seem okay when they heard that I'm gonna leave them and work in another place.

Worse, the parents and teachers meeting that supposed to be on this Saturday was canceled and moved to next Saturday. I will resign on next Friday (21 October) but the meeting will be hold on Saturday (22 October). And on 22 October, I have to attend my friend's wedding party! I felt uneasy, even after one of my teacher friends said that I had to attend that meeting and be responsible to answer all those parents questions about their children achievement (regarding those poor marks!!).
I want to answer : "Hey, I'm not a teacher anymore in here on 22 October."
But I can't. I don't want to leave bad memories to the people that I will leave here. It's enough that I will leave them the 'failure' of a teacher-that-can't- make-the-students-get-good marks.
And the teacher that don't get along with them (the teachers).

It seems like these obstacles pop out from the people that I didn't expect before. They seem so Godly and holy (I felt like this because I NEVER attend teachers devotion every morning since the first day I became a teacher here). I won't like if someday, after I left, they will talk about my bad habits or problems that I left. I just want an easy resign, not more than that now.

I don't know to whom I should talk about this matter. It seems like I can trust no one here at this school, except one, my best friend here who is an English teacher just like me. But she don't know what to do too, and she didn't have any idea of how I should resign.

Right now, I don't know what to do. Can u give me a suggestion?

No comments: