Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm wondering what my life would be next?

After a long and tiring flight from Jakarta (it took about 5 hours), I finally arrive in Kupang. And I had to 'fight' with some passangers to get my bags from the pick up part in airport. Gee, can u imagine that I had to pick those two bags that weighed around 35 kilograms by myself. Thank GOD everything is undercontrol. Then outside the airport, I met the Project leader and his staff that already waited for me.

I thought we're gonna stay in Kupang for a nigt (at least I thought they will let me stay in here), but I'm wrong. We had to arrive in Kefa tonight. So after a not so delicious meal at a local restaurant, we drove as quickly as possible to Kefa.
Man, it was a very fast and quite not comfortable trip for me. I had to hold on to cold wind that blows through the opened windows (they did this because they were smoking inside the car). I hate smokers, but I can do nothing to stop them.

We arrived at a village and stop for a while, then we continue our journey to Kefa. I hardly can sleep because the wind blows very hard, but at least I fell asleep. Then they wake me up when we had reached Kefa. They brought me to the hotel and left me there. I washed my face and went to sleep quickly.

The sound of someone that knocked door wake me up the next morning. Gee it's almost 9 A.M. but I can hardly open my eyes. Then I wake up and saw that the CARE Staff that had came to picked me up. I told them to wait and rushed to take a bath.
Then hungrily, I went to the office and was introduced to many people in the office. Then all things went very boring, I can hardlly do anything there. Just sat all day and talked to few people. I went back to hotel and moved to another room (without AC and refrigerator, sigh).
Anyway, I read on my room till two of the staff picked me up and took me out for dinner at a local restaurant.
Then I was back at my room and fell asleep.

I still don't know what will happen to me next. I just found a nice housing where I rent a room, the lady and her husband are so friendly to me. They treat me so well. Then the next day I went to Bitefa where one of the TFC (Therapeutic Feeding Centre) is located. I went there with dr. Yohan and a nurse. Then they left me there for hours (till I get bored and fell asleep few times). I had talked to the nurses and nutrition aid and also to the mothers whose children are doing therapy there. And I had saw pigs scattered everywhere like cats in Jakarta. Maybe I'll post the pics later, because the pigs pics are so funny. One pig looks like a 'rocker pig' with blonde spiky hair. LOL.

Anyhow, so far, everything goes smoothly for me...hehehehehe

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey aquamarine, I hope everything will turn out good for you. Take care & God bless. :D

Anonymous said...

di ntt loe skrng ?